Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Superbowl and Social Media

Although I am a little ashamed to admit it, the commercials during superbowl sunday are my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love the bonding, cheering, and the competitiveness that surround the game, but I love seeing which companies are willing to shell out the big bucks in order to get some coveted TV time when the game is in recess.
       During the 2013 superbowl, there were two commercials that have stuck in my head and that I was particularly attracted to. The first commercial that I remember was the Budweiser "thoroughbreds" commercial. the commercial shows the relationship of a horse and it's owner and portrays this image of an everlasting bond. This commercial was extremely sentimental, a quality not always associated with an alcoholic beverage. Smart play by Budweiser. The other great commercial I recall from the 2013 superbowl was Audi's "underdog" ad with the high school student who takes a huge risk at prom. This commercial was particularly memorable to me because it was an interesting story to follow and I truly was rooting for the underdog. Tip of the hat to audi. If I had the money, I'd buy the car!
      Overall, most ads throughout the 2013 superbowl did not have strong social media tie-ins. I predict that this year's superbowl will have a lot more social media tied into it. Twitter and instagram have made the "hash-tag" extremely popular and I expect to see them presented somewhere throughout many commercials. I am eager to see which companies will remain the powerhouses of superbowl ads all the more eager to see which companies can step in and make an impact while also using social media.

                                    BEST ADS OF THE 2013 SUPERBOWL

No comments:

Post a Comment